Hiking at Catinaccio/Rosengarten – experience the mountains up-close
Hiking holidays in the Dolomites – a sublime setting for your summer holiday
Hiking at Catinaccio/Rosengarten is an integral part of a summer holiday in South Tyrol. Here you find over 530km of hiking trails. The trails are all well marked and maintained and offer one of the best trail networks in South Tyrol. While hiking at Catinaccio/Rosengarten you do not need to be a professional mountaineer. There are plenty of easy and moderate tours, which are ideal for hiking with children. Many themed and panoramic trails can be explored on your own or with a mountain or hiking guide. Various cable cars take hikers at Catinaccio/Rosengarten up to the summit and to magnificent lookout-points. The wonderful scenery and the great view of the mountains of the Dolomites leave a lasting impression with everyone who spends a hiking holiday in the Dolomites, no matter big or small. Far from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, in the heart of the Dolomites UNESCO World Heritage, body and mind can unwind during the unforgettable experience of hiking at Catinaccio/Rosengarten.
What else is included in the price?
Hiking at Catinaccio/Rosengarten: varied and exciting
Beside the magnificent panorama, a lot of variety and fun awaits little mountain friends and guests in our hotel near Deutschnofen. Especially climbing fans will be thrilled, faced with the many via ferratas and climbing tours on Latemar and Catinaccio/Rosengarten. Those who take their first attempt at climbing, find a workshop held every week. In the climbing park at Lago di Carezza/Karersee you will learn elementary safety techniques and get to test a few trails together with more experienced climbers. The equipment will be made available for you.
Hiking at Catinaccio/Rosengarten: Latemarium Adventure Paradise
Mt. Latemar is a true miracle of nature, located in the heart of South Tyrol. Not without reason UNESCO nominated this mountain to be one of the most beautiful and important sceneries in the world. The Latemarium Adventure Paradise was opened in the year 2014, making hiking in the Dolomites a real adventure. The Latemarium offers seven themed trails with different levels of difficulty.
- Latemar.Natura: Discover the nature together with your entire family while hiking at Catinaccio/Rosengarten. Find out all kinds of interesting facts about our environment on the various fun experience stations.
- Latemar.Panorama: Enjoy the breathtaking panorama while hiking in the Dolomites and learn many interesting insights about the region surrounding our Hotel Cristal.
- Latemar.Relax: Take some time off for a leisurely walk. Stop to admire this natural scenery and take in this fantastic sight. This themed walk is great for a gentle stroll in the Dolomites and ideal for families with kids.
- Latemar.Alp: Hike from cabin to cabin, while discovering a range of fascinating facts about alpine farming and life in the mountains. Take this instructive trip during your hiking holiday in the Dolomites.
- Latemar.Art: At an altitude of up to 2,000 metres, you find a variety of art works by international artists, making this path into one of the highest exhibition sites in the world.
- Latemar.UNESCO: This moderate hike in the Dolomites is just right for ambitious mountain climbers. The well-secured mountain trail leads past mighty rock walls, leaving you with a breathtaking view to Marmolada/Marmolata, the highest mountain in the Dolomites.
- Latemar.Run: Taking this running trail will increase your fitness during your holiday. This trail leads all the way to the Oberholz valley station, offering a unique panorama. The easier variation takes you around the Lago di Carezza/Karersee.
But the Latemarium adventure paradise offers a lot more for a unique hiking holiday in the Dolomites. Climbers of all ages can romp about in the climbing park. Another highlight is the lookout latemar.360° with its impressive panoramic views. This lookout can be reached with the Obereggen-Oberholz chairlift.
Hiking at Catinaccio/Rosengarten – highest of all feelings
An absolute must, while hiking near Obereggen, is a culinary pause in one of the many mountain lodges and shelters. Here you can experience what life in the mountains is like and enjoy South Tyrolean specialities, which are unlike any served down in the valley. After some cold cuts with South Tyrolean “Speck (smoked bacon), a combination of three types of dumplings or a top-notch “Kaiserschmarrn” (traditional sweet pancake dish), the descent to the valley will go down so much easier.